Spicy steak, fried onion and fries
Spicy steak, fried onion and fries
After two nice weeks where women have been celebrated (1st of March and 8 March), I thought it was my turn to surprise my boyfriend with some of his favorite meals – spicy steak and fries.
It is not the “extra healthy” type of meal, but also my boyfriend is not the “salad” type of guy. He enjoys every meal that contains fries or steak in it, even though he generally tries to eat as healthy as possible.
Also, this recipe is for everyone who is looking for a cheat meal, or simply someone who loves food so much and likes to experiment new things everyday ♥
INGREDIENTS & COOKING PROCESS
2 Medium pork steak
3 medium potatoes
- Start by making small cuts on the steak as in the image below. It helps the meat to be better cooked and in a shorter amount of time.
2. Add seasoning of choice over the steak. I used A TON of paprika and spicy condiments. My boyfriend loves spicy food so much, that I could never find anything to be “too spicy” for him. I still look for spicy alternatives for him everyday, haha. All the condiments used will be listed below. My (heavily) seasoned steak looked like this:
3. Add cooking oil in a pan and preheat it a few minutes before adding the steak. In my case, I used extra virgin olive oil, but I think it works with any cooking oil of your choice. My result was this :
4. In the meantime, cut an onion in small/medium pieces and place with the steak. THIS step is optional – I did this because my boyfriend loves fried onion and I thought it will taste better with the steak – and indeed it tasted amazing for us.
5. Clean and cut the fries in medium pieces and season them by choice. You will find the condiments listed below. My result :
6. Place the cooked steak on a plate. Clean the pan if necessary and refill it with fresh oil. Add the seasoned fries in it and wait for the magic to happen.
7. Place your fries near the tasty steak and onion and enjoy everything ♥
For the steak:
- (a lot of) Paprika,
- Garlic powder
- Hot Chilli powder
For the fries:
- Same as for the steak, but adding a bit of salt too.
I enjoyed making a meal that my boyfriend loves even if it may not be look like “healthiest meal in the world”.
The steak is not burned as it may appear in some pictures. That small burnt over some parts of the steak is just the paprika and some onion pieces that got “too excited to be fried”, haha. You can easly clean them over the steak if you feel the need to. It actually tastes great and I will definitely spoil him with similar meals in the future.
What you need to know
- I am not a professional cook, nor a native english speaker, but I do my best to provide you with the most detailed recipes I can write. If you feel that something is missing, do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Feedback is the best. ♥
- Every ingredient was scaled, scanned (if it was packed) and introduced into MFP (My Fitness Pal) to get an approximate number of calories (if the recipe mentions calories)
- I use MFP as a refference for counting calories. It is an app that you can also download that help you count your calories.
- The calorie numbers are approximate, based on MFP database at the time of use.
- I use CICO (calorie in-calorie out) as a diet refference. My recipes are usually based on CICO (counting the calories) ( but I also keep track on the macros). It may not be good for everyone – some people simply lose weight with other methods. Everything is effective as long as it works for you.
- We all have different food tastes. What is good for some people, may not fit for others. If you think this recipe may not be for you, it is totally fine ♥
You can check my last recipe HERE
Make life special
Hugs, Yuna ♥